In this week’s issue
- Getting Ready To Launch Your Podcast?
- The Blog that Started Podcasting
- Women Are Growing as an Audience
- Podtrac’s Top 25 shows of 2022
Getting Ready To Launch Your Podcast?
Start 2023 out right establishing your brand and authority, and now is the time to start getting ready.
Get hold of me ASAP to help set up your podcast, and have you ready to launch. Lock in 2022 pricing for at least a year by taking action now! I have limited slots available, so don’t miss out.
The Blog that Started Podcasting
Adam Curry is often considered the creator of Podcasting, when his insight that always connected devices would revolutionise the delivery of media. The it’s an interesting and not too technical read. The foresight seems quite remarkable from 2022
Women Are Growing as an Audience
Edison Research has presented their Women’s 2022 Podcast Report, and it’s good news for anyone who want to aim their podcast at women. Entrepreneurs, the market is there for you.
Read the full thing here, but some of the basic stats are:
- Over 1 in 3 U.S. Women 18+ (35%) have listened to a podcast in the past month. This is up 67% over the past 5 years, and now represents an estimated 47 million women.
- Over the past 5 years, women have started closing the gender gap in a medium that once skewed heavily male. In 2017, only 44% of U.S. 18+ monthly podcast listeners were female. In 2022 48% are female, more closely mirroring the U.S. population.
- As we see with podcast listeners overall, women monthly podcast listeners stand out from total U.S. women ages 18+. They are:
- Younger (48% more likely to be ages 18-34)
- More likely to be in the workforce (47% more likely to be employed full time)
- Higher income (36% more likely to have household income of $100k or more)
- Highly educated (22% more likely to have a college degree)
- More likely to be Moms (33% more likely to have children under 18)
Podtrac’s Top 25 shows of 2022
Podtrac is one of the largest Third-Party tracking solutions for podcast stats, most big shows use the service. So, they know their stuff. Unsurprisingly it’s mostly a bunch of big media house shows. But the diversity of the topics is quite exciting.
Take a look. I support indies, but there’s definitely some interesting stuff here.
Originally from LinkedIn