· Launch your podcast now and get a running start into 2023
· Spotify’s 2022 Podcast Trends Report
· Sounds Profitable’s Safe and Sound Report about offensive and harmful content
· Spotify Wrapped
Launch your podcast now and get a running start into 2023
Podcasts are a growing medium and a great way to reinforce your brand. And if your New Year’s resolution is to take control of your brand building in 2023, let’s start your year off right.
From basic editing to full podcast launches and administration, I’m here to help at very competitive prices. Get in touch before the 2023 price increases and lock in the current rates. 😊
Or DM me right here to setup a free consultation.
Spotify’s 2022 Podcast Trends Report
Thanks to Podnews
Spotify as always is in the news for a couple of reasons. This one is very interesting. 2022 has seen increased diversity in the listenership as it has grown in Southern Europe and the audiences have diversified.
The details are interesting, definitely take a look, but the bullet points are:
1. Podcast listening skyrockets in Southern Europe.
2. The core demo of podcast listeners expands.
3. Listeners turn to podcasts in their quest towards physical and mental health.
4. As podcast audiences evolve, so too are the ways of listening (or co-listening).
5. New advertiser categories help to drive increased investment in the podcast space.
6. Podcast publishers see the power of cross-promotion in audience development.
Sounds Profitable’s Safe and Sound Report about offensive and harmful content
Thanks to Podnews
An interesting, if long, video about brand safety and advertisers being associated with ‘offensive’ content. In short, stay away from racism as most people won’t listen to that. And audiences will self-select to stay away from offensive content.
A majority of people won’t conflate the advertiser with support for the offensive material. But a significant minority will.
And I need to make a little side bar…
*climbs on soapbox*
I say ‘offensive’ above because I find the term pretty useless. Offense and harm are often conflated to minimise the real harms that language and speech can cause.
For example. People can be offended by trans inclusive language, but transphobic language is actually harmful. And conflating those two things is a major cause of real social harm and helps cover for bigotry against marginalised communities.
So, let’s move away from using the term ‘offensive’ for real harm in 2023. Please?
*steps off soapbox*
Thanks to Podcast Business Journal
The last few weeks have seen Spotify’s Wrapped and similar doing the rounds of social media. It’s a pretty cool way to take a look at how your podcast has impacted listeners, on Spotify naturally. Mine is unfortunately useless because my podcast is on Spotify twice because I’m an idiot so all my stats are split.
So kids, follow instructions when you register your podcast and learn how your audience relates to your content. 😊